Wednesday, July 22, 2015

2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid - Driven Review And Image

2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid - Driven Review And Image - I recently spent a week and a generous road trip getting to know the Avalon Hybrid. In fact, I took the car on an eight-hour adventure to my hometown for my 10-year high school reunion. The Avalon might not garner the same attention as the Lexus RC F from late 20-somethings, but I didn’t go with the mindset of impressing.

The Avalon has been a quiet stalwart of the Toyota lineup, providing a plush ride for those not interesting in owning a luxury brand (i.e. Lexus ), but want all the bells and whistles normally associated with one. Equipped in the Limited trim, the Avalon offers just as many luxuries as say, the Lexus ES or even GS sedans, but without the hubbub. Add to that a fantastic hybrid system, and the result is a surprising package that affirms its halo role in the Toyota lineup.

My wife and I made the quiet journey from central Florida north to I-10, then due west to the sleepy little town of Pascagoula, Mississippi. Save for a few high-profile tobacco attorneys, many of the town’s 22,000 residents are blue-collar, with folks working in the fishing, shipbuilding, or oil industries. Still, Southern charm runs deep here, with wrap-around porches on antebellum homes, sprawling live oak trees covered in Spanish moss, and thick, twangy drawls coming from gents and belles alike. In other words, it was the perfect place for such a subtle luxury car to fit in.





No comments:

Post a Comment